UNIT 3. BOOKS AND WRITERS
Тема. A Trip to the Library. Reported Speech (Orders and Instructions)
Мета: вдосконалювати навички аудіювання, читання, усного й писемного мовлення; формувати навички вживання ситуативних і тематичних лексичних одиниць у граматичних структурах теми, що вивчається; виховувати естетичні смаки, правила мовного етикету; розвивати елементи критичного й аналітичного мислення.
I. Організація класу. Привітання
II. Підготовка до іноземного мовлення
Фонетична й мовленнєва зарядка.
A) Ех. 8, р. 96 – Put verbs in brackets into the Future Simple Passive voice. Then write negative sentences and questions:
+ This book will be discussed at the lesson of World Literature:
? Will the book be discussed at the lesson of World Literature?
– The book won’t be discussed at the lesson of World Literature.
B) Ex. 1, p. 70 – Look at the picture and discuss the questions.
– What kind of building do you see in the picture?
– What are the people doing?
– Who do you think they are?
– Do you know anything about this famous place of the ancient world?
– What happened to all the manuscripts which were stored there?
C) Listen (p. 251) to the text about the most magnificent library in the ancient world. Where was it situated? Say what
900 – 700.000 – 100.000
D) Ex. 3, p. 70-71 – Read the text and say what services the modern library offers to the readers:
– the Reading Romm – the Multimedia hall – sign up for…
– the Book Borrowing Department – Interlibrary Exchange – participate
E) Look through the text of Ex. 3, and say where in the library you can:
– sign up for the Book Borrowing Department
– work on the computer or surf the Internet
– listen to music read a book
– ask a librarian for advice
– find encyclopedias and reference books
– borrow books
F) Reported Speech (Reported Orders and Instructions).
– “Help me, please, Dan”, Steve asks.
– Steve asks Dan to help him.
– “Don’t bother people in the Reading Room, Molly”, Ann says.
– Ann asks Molly not to bother people in the Reading Room.
ADDITIONAL READING “IN THE READING-HALL”
My friend Nick and I agreed to meet at our school library. It was 4 o’clock when I entered the reading-hall. There were a lot of pupils there. They all were working. One pupil at the first table was reading an English text. From time to time he was looking up a word in the big dictionary. Several pupils were reading Polish magazines. A blond girl was copying some information from an encyclopedia into her exercisebook. A tall boy was speaking to the librarian. I did not see Nick in the reading-hall. I was getting angry when suddenly I saw him in the corner of the room. He was reading a thick book and making some notes in his notebook.
IV. Завершальна частина уроку
Ех. 8, р. 73.
Учитель підбиває підсумки уроку й оцінює роботу учнів.