Цілі: формувати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; вдосконалювати навички читання й усного мовлення з опорою на лексико-граматичні структури; розвивати мовну здогадку й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
Answer the guestion.
1. What do you usually do in your spare time?
2. Do you often go out?
3. Do you often take your friends out?
4. Where do you take them?
5. Have you ever been to the theatre?
6. Do you enjoy watching films?
7. How often do you go to the theatre (cinema)?
2. Vocabulary practice
Do ex. 1, p. 138.
3. Writing and speaking
Make up sentences. Then practise the new vocabulary chorally and individually.
Science fiction films
Ann and Ben
Films about nature and animals
My best friend
Do ex. 2, p. 139.
Do ex. 3, p. 139.
Practise the words from p. 139 and complete the sentences below.
1. The parents invited a clown to… their children.
2. Disneyland is the real world of… .
3. In our camp we have a lot of… activities such as swimming, fishing and boating.
4. I seldom… to watch television.
Key: 1 entertain; 2 entertainment; 3 leisure; 4 have leisure.
Broken dialogues. Cut out and shuffle the parts of the dialogues. Students in pairs have to sort out the cards to make the dialogues up.
– Shall we go and see a film on Saturday afternoon?
– I’m busy at the weekend. How about a weekday evening instead?
– Would you like to see a romantic comedy?
– Maybe. I quite like romantic comedies, but I’d rather see a thriller
– What about Wednesday?
– Wednesdays are good for me
– Do you like horror films?
– No. I find them too scary
– Do you like musicals?
– Yes, musicals are my favourite type of film
– Which cinema shall we go to? How about the IMAX?
– The IMAX is too far away. We need a bus to get there
– I’d like to go and see a cowboy film. What do you think?
– I’m not keen on westerns. I’d prefer to watch a different kind of film
– Shall we go to the cinema tomorrow afternoon?
– Afternoons are difficult for me. I’d need to look after my sister
Do ex. 5, p. 139.
Pupils go around the class asking questions then they sum up.
1. Are you keen on…?
2. Are you interested in…?
3. Are you fond of…?
4. Do you like…?
Example: Masha is keen on musicals, but she is boring with dramas.
Do ex. 6, 7, p. 139.