UNIT 5. HOLIDAYS
Ex. 3, p. 70
1. T; 2. F; 3. T; 4. T; 5. F.
Ex. 5, p. 71
І. December; 2. January; 3. April; 4. September.
Ex. 3, p. 73
1. T; 2. F; 3. F; 4. T; 5. T.
Ex. 5, p. 73
1. Ann has to write invitations. 2. She phones her friends. 3. She has to clean the house. 4. Ann likes to open the presents.
Ex. 3. p. 77
1. F; 2. T; 3. F; 4. T; 5. T
Ex. 5, p. 77
My favourite holiday is my birthday. It is in September. I usually get presents. I always blow out the candles oh the birthday cake. We usually eat cakes. We always dance and play games. We always sing a “Happy Birthday” song.
Ex. 1, p. 78
It’s a glass cup. It’s an interesting book. It’s a cotton T-shirt. It’s a nice doll house.
Ex. 5, p. 79
I have got a T-shirt and a book for my birthday.
Багатозначність деяких прийменників
На, при, в, за (at the Lesson – науроці;
At the table – за столом)
О (at 3 o’clock – о 3-й годині)
Біля (by the lake – біля озера; by the window – біля вікна)
До (by the evening – до вечора)
Орудний відмінок (by radio –
Протягом (for 5 minutes – 5 хвилин)
(for mе – для мене; for peace – за мир)
(in the plane – у літаку)
(in May – у травні; in 10 days – через 10 днів)
(on the table – на столі)
У (по, після) (on Saturday – в суботу;
On the Іst of May – першого травня)
Орудний відмінок (with mе – зі мною; with a pen – ручкою)
Ex. 3, p. 81
1. T; 2. F; 3. T; 4. F.
Ex. 5, p. 81
Ukrainian people celebrate New Year in January.
They decorate their New Year Trees with balls and toys. Father Frost and Snow Maiden always bring presents to little children.
The children make postcards for their parents and friends.
They wish them a happy New Year and a Merry Christmas
Ex. 2, p. 82
1. The 25th of December; 2. Christmas Tree, toys, flags and Lights; 3. Brings presents; 4. Have parties; 5. Sing Christmas songs, play games and have fun.
Ex. 5, p. 83
1. Decorates; 2. Clean; 3. Phone; 5. Open; 6. Buy.
Ex. 5, p. 85
We celebrate Easter in spring. We usually bake paskas before Easter. We always clean our flat before Easter. Children paint Easter eggs. They mакe an Easter basket.
Ex. 1, p. 86
1. E; 2. A; 3. B; 4. F; 5. C; 6. D.
Ex. 2, p. 87
Відмінювання дієслова to have в Present Simple
I do not have
Do I have? – Yes, I have (No, I do not have)
We do not have
Do we have? – Yes, we have (No, we do not have)
You do not have
Do you have? – Yes, you have (No, you do not have)
She does not have
Does she have? – Yes, she has (No, she does not have)
He does not have
Does he have? – Yes, he has (No, he does not have)
It does not have
Does it have? – Yes, it has (No, it does not have)
They do not have
Do they have? – Yes, they have (No, they do not have)
1. Pam doesn’t blow the candles on her friend’s birthday. 2. Bob and Jim don’t always talk. 3. Sue doesn’t open the presents at Christmas. 4. Alex and Tom don’t listen to music every day.
Ex. 3, p. 87
1. Do you like parties? 2. Does she often play games? 3. Do we always talk to friends? 4. Does she often blow out the candles?
Ex. 5, p. 87
We celebrate New Year in January. Our family decorates the New Year Trees with balls and toys. Father Frost and Snow Maiden always bring presents to little children. The children make postcards for their parents and friends. They wish them a happy New Year and a Merry Christmas.