UNIT 7. FORECASTING MACHINE
Lesson 7.2 It Is Getting Hotter
1. Do you know these words?
Ticket to the safari park
Basket with sandwiches
What are you going to do?
2. What is going to happen?
In picture 1 it is going to rain.
3. Describe one picture in Task 2. Let your partner guess it.
Fill in the gaps.
An apple is… than a cat.
A hippo is… than a mouse.
In summer it is… than in winter.
In the classroom it is… than outside.
It is not raining today, it is… than yesterday.
5. Choose the best answer. Explain it.
1. Daisy is going to see
A) domestic animals;
B) wild animals;
2. Daisy’s grandma has got a new
A) washing machine;
B) weather telling machine;
C) radio machine.
3. When Grandma and Daisy go shopping, they are wearing
A) winter clothes;
B) summer clothes;
C) spring clothes.
4. On Thursday Daisy is
B) warm in her clothes;
C) hot in her clothes.
6. Read and check your answer to the 4th question in Task 5.
Daisy is getting hotter and hotter in her winter clothes.
“My machine needs a little more work. It is going to be right tomorrow,” says Grandma.
Friday morning is dark and grey, but Grandma is planning a picnic. “Put on your shorts,” she says. “It is going to be warm and sunny.” “But Grandma,” says Daisy. “Look at those big thunderclouds.” “The weather machine is right.” They come to the park, and it is raining. They are coming home wet.
7. Listen and say if it is true or false.
8. Point to a picture in Task 2. Let your partner describe it in 1 min.
9. Describe any two pictures from Task 2.