UNIT 10. HOUSE IN THE DARKNESS
Lesson 10. 2 It Was Fred!
1. Say as many sentences about this house as you can
There are two floors in this house.
2. Do you know these words? Find them in the picture.
There is a sink in the kitchen. It is old and blue.
3. Close your book and say as many true sentences about the house as you can.
4. Listen and agree or disagree.
– He went to the house and knocked at the window.
– I disagree. He knocked
5. Listen and say who said it.
6. What would you like to ask a ghost? Roleplay your dialogue with a ghost.
7. Do you know these words? Match the words to the explanations.
Lots of money
To give the right answer
To keep something safe
8. Read and choose the right word.
“Why are you here?” George asked.
“I am here to guess / guard some treasure / rain,” Fred answered.
“Treasure / rain?!” George said. “Where is it?”
“I am not going to tell / see you,” said Fred. “Guess / Sit!”
“Is it in the attic?” George asked. “No.”
(After Nathaniel Benchley)
9. Answer the questions.
What did Fred do in the house?
What did George ask about?
Did George guess where the treasure was?
10. Look at the picture is Task 1. Hide your treasure in the house and write where it is.
My treasure is not in…
It is not under…
It is not behind…
My treasure is in… (room)
Keep it a secret.