Unit 1. IN AND OUT OF SCHOOL
Lesson 1. In school
Ex. 2, p. 9
1. next to
6. next to
Ex. 2, p. 14
1. F (Emma’s),
2. F (He teaches IT),
3. F (he is nice and fair),
4. F (She stays at school until 4 pm),
5. F (She likes acting),
6. F (on the first floor)
Ex. 4, p. 14
Emma’s school is called Day School. It’s a day school because children stay at school from 8.30 until 4.
There are 300 students in her school.
The school is quite big. The old part is a bit shabby, but the new part is modern and spacious.
There is a Science lab, library, an Art room and there is a canteen close to the entrance. Emma’s favourite subjects are IT and Art. Some of the teachers are strict, like Mr Beard. He always says that Chemistry
Ex. 2, p. 17
1. a, 2. c, 3. a
Ex. 4, p. 17
1. have to
2. have to
4. don’t have
Ex. 1, p. 19
1. Pupils have come to school on time.
2. They have to stay in the playgrounds during breaks.
3. Girls have to wear black skirts, white blouses or green pullovers black shoes.
4. Boys have to put on black trousers, black shoes, white shirts or green pullovers.
5. Girls mustn’t wear mini skirts, makeup and jewellery.
6. pupils mustn’t bring bikes and in-line skates to school.
7. They mustn’t make noise in the corridor.
8. Pupils mustn’t use their mobile phones.
There is a computer class in our school. We have our IT classes here. The computer class has the most modern equipment and the Internet access.
We’ve also an assembly hall, which is situated on the second floor. Meetings, conferences, concerts and all the celebrations take place here.
Our school has a gym, a sports ground, a football field, a swimming pool, and other sports facilities. There are many different sports clubs: table tennis, swimming, athletics, football, volleyball, wrestling, and rhythmic gymnastics. Many pupils of our school attend these sports groups.
We can also attend the Drama group and Dance classes.
The teachers in our school are very skilled. They try to give us all their knowledge and awake our interest to their subjects.
I think that school years are very important for every person. It’s a period of making true friends, getting knowledges, and choosing your way in life.