Unit 1 FAMILY. WORKING DAY
1. Divide into two teams. Each team thinks of five questions with can and may. Work in turn. One team asks a question, the other answers.
Model: Team A: May I use your book?
Team B: Yes, you may / Yes, sure / Sorry, no / Yes of course.
Team A: Can I use this chair?
Team В: Sorry, I need it. / Yes sure / Yes. of course
2. Work in pairs. Ask and answer the questions.
1. Can you ride a horse?
2. Can your father drive a truck?
3. May you watch TV after 10 p. m?
4. What may you not do at school when you are at the lessons?
5. Can you swim? Where do you usually swim?
6. Can you ride a bicycle? Have you got your own bicycle? How often do you ride it?
3. Look at the pictures and remember the word combinations.
4. Read the following answers. Ask questions as in the model.
Model: I have a shower in the morning. – What time/When do you have a shower?
1. I have a shower in the morning
2. I have lunch at 11 o’clock.
3. I come home from school at 2 pm
4. I go to bed at 10 p m
5. After supper I go out wrth friends
6. In the afternoon I do my lessons
7. I leave home at 8 am
8. I watch TV in the evening
9. I dean the room at 5 pm
10. After breakfast I go to school
5. Work in pairs. Act out the dialogue.
A: When do you get up?
B: I get up at 7 o’clock every day.
A: Me too. Do you do morning exercises?
B: Yes, I do them every day. And you?
A: Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t.
B: Do you go out with friends?
A: Yes, I go out with them every day. And you?
B: Yes, I do. I like to spend my free time with them
6. Look at the table and sау what Ann and Sam did and didn’t do yesterday.
Model: Ann did morning exercises yesterday. Sam didn’t do morning exercises yesterday.
To do morning exercises
To clean the room
To go out with friends
To watch TV
To read a book
7. Tell your class how you spent your Sunday. Use the word combinations given below. Add your own ideas.
Get up at 9 o’clock
Take a shower
Leave house at… o’clock
Play football / tennis
Come back home
Go out with friends
Go to bed