Unit 2 FOOD AND DRINKS CLOTHES
1. Listen, read and remember the words and word combinations.
Перше (перша страва)
Second / main course
Друге (друга страва)
Котлети зі свинини
2. Look at the restaurant menu and say what money your parents will pay for dishes and drinks.
Model: My parents will pay thirty five hryvnyas and fifty copecks for beefsteak and mashed potatoes for the second course. Drinks and dessert will cost them twenty four hryvnyas and forty copecks: 10 hryvnyas for grapes juice and 14 hryvnyas and forty copecks for apple pie. Total is 59 hryvnyas and 90 copecks.
3. You are in the cafe. Talk to the waiter, using the tables below.
What would you like for
The first course?
The second course?
A: Would you like any drinks?
Yes, please. Give me a
Pineapple (tomato, orange) juice.
4. Fill in the missing words.
Order drink eat cost pass have
1. What do you often have in lunch time? – I… an ice cream. 2. What did he do when I left the cafe? – He… his milk cocktail and… his strawberry pie. 3. How much do peaches…? 4. … me the bread, please. 5. Look at the menu! What will you… ? 6. What would you like to… for the main course, and… for drinks? 7. She… orange juice. 8. When I was five years old, I liked to… porridge. 9. … me some cabbage and s>
5. Find, read and write down the words.
6. Work on the Internet. Compare the prices on food products in Ukraine and France or Germany. Prepare a brief report.