Ex. 7, p. 60
1. Flash news.
2. Program about animal world (Animal Planet).
3. Sport channel (Eurosport, 7TV, NTV-SPORT).
4. Entertainment program.
5. Any news program.
6. Cultural program (Culture Channel).
Ex. 15, p. 62
B) Yes, I completely agree with the statement that a good appearance is naturally of the first importance. This does not mean good looks alone. Of course, the first assets are an attractive face and a reasonably good figure in a woman, and, in a man. The ability to hold himself well is also very important. Next comes intelligence. It includes first a good understanding of the language, and secondly a very large measure of common sense, having a good memory apt us. The right land of voice is important but it is not of primer importance. The ability to be posed and at ease before the
Ex. 16, p.63
– Oprah experienced in her childhood neglect and sexual abuse.
– She was an excellent student at the university.
– The fact that she became the first black woman to anchor the news on the local Nashville television station has influenced her decision to connect her life with TV.
– I have never seen Oprah’s shows. But I know that she is very famous and it means that she is a talented woman and her shows are very interesting.
– I have never seen Oprah’s shows and I can not characterize her style. I just know that Oprah has left an indelible mark on the face of television. Coining from humble beginnings in rural Mississippi, she has risen to become one of the most powerful figures in the world, As supervising producer and host of the top-rated, award-winning The Oprah Winfrey Show she has entertained enlightened and uplifted millions of viewers for the past two decades. Her commitment to use her life to make a difference
– Oprah’s film production company based in California, Oprah has a king-term deal with the ABC Television Network to produce “Oprah Winfrey Presents” telefilms. Since its inception in 1990, Harpo Films’ projects, winch have been based on classic and contemporary literature, have garnered the highest industry honours for quality acting and production. Oprah Winfrey Presents: Their Eyes Were Watching God, based on the Zora Neale Hurston novel and starring Academy Award® – winner Halle Berry, will air in spring 2005. Oprah mate her acting debut in 1985 as “Sofia” in Steven Spielberg’s The Color Purple, for which she received both Academy Award® and Golden Globe nominations. She also has been lauded for her performances in the made-for-television movies Before Women Had Wings (1997), There Are No Children Here (1993), and The Women of Brewster Place (1989).
– I suppose that her purposefulness, belief in future, perseverance and intellect help her in her career.
– There are many talk-shows on Ukrainian TV: “I know about you everything” on INTER, Night Zone on NOVIY CHANNEL, etc.
I think they are worth of their success because it is a universal truth that if you want to become a successful in a business, project, company, etc., you should work.
Ex. 19, p. 64
I would prepare the program about space, universe. I am very keen on astronomy and physics. In my program I’ll try to reveal all new discoveries and tendencies modern science regarding space and physics.
Ex. 29, p. 67
I think it is impossible to imagine our life without TV. TV is widely used in today’s world. It is the quickest means of spreading news and information. TV plays an important role in reflecting the life of society and building opinions, in entertainment, keeps us informed about current events, extends the education, allows us to follow the latest developments in science and politics and offers an endless number of programs which are both instructive and entertaining.
Talking about negative points of TV I can add that sometimes I can see too many violent movies, programs which can badly affect on some people’s psychology, especially on those who have weak character. Also I hate advertisement but I understand that advertisement helps TV so survive.
I like to watch TV.
Ex. 30, p. 67
1. … should present various views on the same points.
2. are of great artistic value.
3. news summary.
4. … to influence the way people look at the world.
5. … c)
6. … d)