Цілі: вдосконалювати навички вживання Non-finite forms of the verb і навички вимови; вдосконалювати навички аудіювання, читання й письма; розвивати культуру спілкування й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати національну самосвідомість і зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
Do ex. 4, p. 245.
2. Grammar practice
Do ex. 1, p. 246.
Do ex. 2, p. 246.
Do ex. 3, p. 247.
Do ex. 4, p. 247.
6. Reading and vocabulary practice
Read the text and do the tasks on the cards.
CONSTITUTION OF UKRAINE
The political system of Ukraine, its laws, its home and foreign policy, the rights and duties of its citizens are established, based and guaranteed by the Constitution. There have been several previous constitutional documents in the history of Ukraine (1710, 1918,1919,1929,1937,1978). The new Constitution of Ukraine as an independent, sovereign, democratic, social and legal state was adopted by the Verkhovna Rada on June 28,1996 as the Fundamental Law of the country.
The idea of a constitution was first elaborated by Greek philosopher Aristotle/84-322 B. C./in his classification of governments. The modern idea of Constitution came after the Reformation begun by Luther in 1517.
The first constitutional document in history of Ukraine was the Constitution of Bendery of 1710. The chief author of the Constitution was Pylyp Orlyk, who was elected Hetman on April 16, 1710 in Bendery. The Constitution was signed by Hetman P. Orlyk, his officers and the Zaporizhzhian Cossacks.
The constitution consisted of 16 articles. It proclaimed the Orthodox faith to be faith of Ukraine, reflected the interests of the
The Constitution of the Ukrainian National Republic was adopted on April 29, 1918. The Constitution had 83 articles. In accordance with the Constitution the UNR was a sovereign, independent and free state. The people of Ukraine had the right to exercise power through the National Assembly.
The Constitution did not specify the borders of Ukraine, but the territory was indivisible. The citizens of the republic were guaranteed basic civil and political rights.
Tell about an important political event in your country’s recent history.
Tell about the last important local political issue in your town.
True or False
1) The first constitutional document in Ukraine appeared in the 18th century.
2) There have been more than six constitutions in the history of Ukraine.
3) Juridical power in Ukraine is represented by the Cabinet of Ministers.
4) Men and women have the equal rights.
5) Not all people have the right to dwelling.
6) The state language of Ukraine is Russian.
Fill in the gaps.
The United States is a (1)…. The Constitution of the USA guarantees individual (2)… to all.
The Constitution sets the basic form of (3)…: it has three branches – legislative, (4)… and judiciary.
Congress, the legislative (5)… of the federal government, is made up of the Senate and the House of Representatives. Congress makes all (6)…, and each house of Congress has the (7)… to support or reject a bill offered by the other. When they both pass a bill on which they (8)… , it is sent to the president for his signature. Only after that a bill becomes a (9)… .
1) Україна – незалежна держава.
2) В 2009 році люди вибрали нового президента.
3) Закони України базуються на Конституції.
True or False
1) All mineral and natural resources belong to the Verkhovna Rada.
2) The Constitution guarantees freedom of thought and speech.
3) The Constitution specifies the powers and obligations of the president.
4) The highest body of the executive power is the Verkhovna Rada.
5) The President of Ukraine is the head of the state and speaks on behalf of it.
6) The Constitution was adopted on August 24, 1991.
Fill in the gaps.
The members of the House of Representatives are (1)… for two years, and one-third of the Senators (2) … elected every two years for six-year (3) … of office. Each state, regardless of the population, has two (4) … , while the House of Representatives has more members from more populated (5)… .The (6)… of the USA is elected every four years to a four-year term of office, with no (7)… than two full terms allowed. The President is the (8)… executive of the United States and also the commander-in-chief of the armed (9)… .
1) Конституція України гарантує право на освіту.
2) Верховна Рада – орган законодавчої влади.
3) Конституція складається з 15 глав і 161 статей.