UNIT 6. CHRISTMAS IS COMING!
Lesson 6.2 Keep a Secret
1. Which of these words do we use to speak about everyday activities and which of them about yesterday?
I went to school yesterday.
I go to school every day.
2. Choose a word and say it. Let your partner say a sentence.
– Yesterday I went to school.
Every year I make decorations. Last year I bought decorations.
4. Ask your partner and fill in the table.
Do you… every year?
Did you… last year?
Secret about Presents
Speak about your partner.
Mary doesn’t cook family dinner every year.
Mary made decorations last year.
5. Read and match the pictures to the names.
In the evening the family had dinner and Dad asked, “What present have you got for me?”
“Don’t tell!” said Tim.
“I will not tell that we bought the sledge for Dad!” said Michael. Michael didn’t keep a secret and got very upset.
6. Read and say who these words are about.
7. Retell the story using all the words from Task 6.
8. Correct the sentences.
Tim didn’t keep a secret. – Tim kept a secret.
1. Mother asked about her present. 2. Betsy told Dad what present they had for him. 3. Michael didn’t get upset at dinner. 4. Father didn’t have dinner with his family. 5. Tim answered the father’s question. 6. Dad asked about the dinner.