Unit 1 Me and My Family
Lessons 1-2 Learn to talk about summer
To bathe in the sun all
To take pictures
Glad to see you again! I like it a lot.
It is time for… .
1. Look and say what you like to do in summer.
Example: I like to slide in summer. I can slide in the park.
2. Listen and repeat.
I like to skip,
I like to jump,
I like to run about.
I like to play, /Λ/ – jump, run
I like to sing,
I like to laugh and shout. /av/ – about, shout
3. Look, match and say how we can travel in summer.
Example: We can travel by car in summer. I love to go to the seaside by car.
4. Listen and role-play.
Oksana: Hi, Taras! Glad to see you again! How are you?
Taras: Hi, Oksana, I’m fine, thanks. And you?
Oksana: Great! Summer is fun, isn’t it?
Taras: Sure. I love summer weather. Nature is so beautiful in summer.
Oksana: I like it a lot. We can bathe in the sun and in the sea a lot.
Taras: It is also time for sports. I can play football, volleyball or tennis all day long.
Oksana: Me, too.
5. Talk with a friend about your summer. Use:
On your own: Take your summer photo and write what you like to do in summer.
Example: This is my summer photo.
I am at the seaside.
It is hot and sunny.
I can swim in the sea all day long.
6. Look and guess where these children spend their summer.
Example: I think these children spend this summer… .
7. Read and say what summer fun these children have.
I love summer mornings in my granny’s village. The weather is not very hot. I can run and jump a lot. My granddad and I often go for a swim together.
I like summer trips. I usually go to the seaside with my parents. We can go by bus or by train. I take a lot of pictures on my way.
Summer is my favourite season. I often stay in town in July. It is time for new hobbies. I can learn to rollerskate or to ride a scooter.
8. True or False?
1. Andrew can rollerskate.
2. Ann often travels in summer.
3. Taras spends his summer in the village.
4. Andrew loves summer afternoons.
5. All the children have hobbies.
9. Talk with friends about your summer. Use:
I love………… in summer. The weather is… . We can… .
I usually… . It is time for… .
10. Write a postcard about your summer fun. Do it yourself! Make a summer postcard for your international friend.
Do it yourself! Make a summer postcard for your international friend.