Unit 3 LEISURE TIME
1. Listen, read and remember the words and word combinations.
Командні види спорту
Індивідуальні види спорту
Види діяльності на свіжому повітрі
Ігри в приміщенні
Play the piano
Грати на фортепіано
Go on an excursion
Їхати на екскурсію
2. Make up sentences using the table. Write them down in your exercise book.
Team sports Individual sports Outdoor activities Indoor games
Collecting coins, stamps, labels.
Knitting, embroidery, sewing, dancing, singing.
Football, basketball, volleyball, hockey.
Boxing, tennis, badminton, skating, skiing, aerobics.
Fishing, hiking, gardening,
Walking the dog.
3. Work in pail’s. Ask and answer the questions.
1. Is collecting coins a hobby?
2. Are boxing and tennis individual sports?
3. Is gardening an outdoor activity?
4. Are dancing and singing leisure time activities?
5. Are hockey and basketball team sports?
6. Is knitting an indoor activity?
7. Is chess an indoor game?
4. Make up sentences using the table.
Is fond of
Goes in for
5. Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer the questions.
1. Do you enjoy dancing?
2. Are you fond of aerobics?
3 You don’t go fishing, do you?
4. Do you like gardening?
5. Are you fond of hiking?
6. You enjoy collecting coins, don’t you?
7. You hate knitting, don’t you?
8. What is your hobby? Why do you enjoy it?
9. What do you hate doing?
10. What are you fond of?
11. What do you like doing in your free time?
6. Say as in the model.
Model: Kate is fond of taking photos.
I am fond of taking photos too. / I am not fond of taking photos.
1. My friends are fond of dancing.
2. My father is fond of fishing.
3. Our English teacher is fond of hiking.
4. His elder brother is fond of driving a car.
5. Nick and Mike are fond of going on excursions.
6. My Mathematics teacher is fond of painting.
7. My mother is fond of sewing.
8. My classmates are fond of football.
9. His girlfriend is fond of dancing.
10. Tom and Jane are fond of skating.
7. Make some notes about yourself. Use the ideas below and add more ideas of your own. Present the information to class.
1. Sports and hobbies
I play a little___________________
I used to play______________ but now_________________
I like to go___________________ (+ verb with – ing)
2. Cultural interests and holidays
(books) I like___________________
(music) I like___________________
(films) I like____________________
(magazines) I like___________________