Цілі: формувати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; вдосконалювати навички читання, аудіювання й усного монологічного мовлення; розвивати пізнавальні інтереси учнів; виховувати толерантне ставлення до інших, а також загальну культуру учнів.
How do you feel today?
Do ex. 1, p. 210.
Do ex. 2, p. 210.
4. Listening and speaking
Listen about dealing with emotions and write down the ways of dealing with them which are mentioned in the article.
HOW TO DEAL WITH EMOTIONS
Many people are never taught how to deal with their emotions. Because they do not know how to deal with their emotions, they wind up repressing their emotions instead. For people who have endured painful life situations, they can wind up engaging in unhe>
Recognize the importance of dealing with emotions. Unexpressed emotions affect your life. For example, many people who struggle with ongoing depression or anxiety are actually angry. Because the unexpressed anger has nowhere to go, the person experiences the repressed anger as depression or anxiety. If you want to take control over your emotional life, you need to deal with your emotions instead of repressing them.
Label your emotions. Many people who have never learned how to deal with their emotions have a difficult time even identifying what those emotions are. Some people might feel anger when the emotion that they are actually dealing with is pain. Others might cry and feel sad in situations in which anger is really the more appropriate emotion. Practice labeling each emotion that you are experiencing.
Decide to deal with your emotions as you have them. Emotions must be expressed. You can either deal with your emotions as you have them, or you can put a lot of energy into repressing them and just wind up having to deal with a more powerful version
of your emotions later. Resolve to deal with your emotions as you experience them.
Recognize that expressed emotions do not last. If you will deal with your emotions as you have them, they will go away much faster. While you might feel incredibly angry in the moment, your anger will pass as long as you deal with it. Only repressed emotions linger for a very long time.
Express your anger in a physical way. Anger can be daunting for many people to deal with. Anger is best de>
Cry out your pain. Tears can heal a wounded spirit. However, many people have a hard time dealing with grief and sorrow. Try watching a sad movie and allowing yourself to cry for the characters. Set aside time to let yourself “wallow” for a little while. You will feel much better after a good cry.
Comfort your fears. Many people who suffered from trauma in childhood struggle with feelings of terror. Comfort yourself through those feelings. Visualize yourself comforting the child you once were. See yourself wrapping a thick blanket around your terrified inner child and hold that child close to your heart.
Enjoy a good laugh. A good laugh can be incredibly healing. Do not stifle your joy. Instead, deal with your joy by giving in to an urge to laugh. A good belly laugh can do wonders for a person’s emotional state.
Answer the questions.
1) Should we repress our emotions?
2) What is the result of repressing emotions?
3) Do your emotions influence only people who are around you? What about yourself?
4) How should we express our emotions?
5) Have you got your own solutions of this problem?
6) Can you give some pieces of advice?
1) Do bad mannered people upset you?
2) Do you get angry when politicians make promises they can’t keep?
3) Do you get angry when you watch the news on TV and see all the terrible things happening in the world?
4) Does it annoy you when shop assistants try to sell you things you don’t need?
5) Does it annoy you when someone interrupts you when you are speaking?
6) Does it annoy you when someone knows everything better than you and says so?
7) Does it annoy you when you are waiting in a long queue and someone pushes in front of you?
8) Does it annoy you when your teacher speaks too quickly?
Write a composition about yourself using the following plan:
1) Do you usually show your emotions or keep them in?
2) Do people know how you feel?
3) What do you worry about?
4) When you are worried, what do you do? How do you feel?
5) Do you think animals have emotions? Explain with an example.
6) Tell about a time when you felt a very strong emotion (anger, happiness, guilt, sadness, love, fear, excitement, etc.)
EMOTIONS - Плани-конспекти уроків по англійській мові