UNIT 1. WE NEED INFORMATION
WRITING AN E-MAIL
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички письма й говоріння, уживання прикметників із прийменниками в мовленні; сприяти розвитку самостійного мислення; розвивати культуру спілкування.
Think of as many words as you can connected with the library. Check Ex. 6, p. 17.
2. Reading and speaking Before reading
Answer the questions.
1) What is an e-mail? It’s an electronic mail, a message which we send by computer.
2) Can you e-mail?
3) Why do people prefer to e-mail nowadays but not to post their letters? – I think.
Read the tips for writing an e-mail and complete the sentence:
– We should and e-mails should
Read the letter in Ex. 1 and do Ex. 2, p. 19.
Ex. 3, p. 19.
Alec was bad at English. His English teacher gave him a good piece of advice. Alec used the Internet first. Next he found the “E-mail Friends’ Club” website. Then he chose the name of his future friend and made an e-mail friend. After that they started sending e-mails to each other. Finally his English became much better.
Work in pairs.
Do Ex. 4, p. 19.
– I’d like to send an e-mail to my friend but I don’t know how to do it. Can you help me?
– What should I do first?
– First you should give a subject to your e-mail.
– What should I do next?
– Then you should greet your friend.
– And after that?
– Write your e-mail but not too long and make
– What should I do finally?
– Imagine how your friend is glad to receive your letter.
– Thank you. You were very helpful.
5. Listening and speaking
Practise adjectives with prepositions.
Practise these expressions in different word combinations chorally and individually.
Do Ex. 5, p. 19.
Work in pairs.
Make up short dialogues using different types of questions.
1) Are you good at Maths?
2) Are you fond of pop music?
3) What are you interested in?
Make up 6 sentences about yourself using adjectives with prepositions.
I’m good at ___.
Ex. 6, p. 19.