Цілі: вдосконалювати лексичні навички й навички вимови; вдосконалювати навички аудіювання, читання й усного мовлення; розвивати логічне мислення; виховувати толерантне ставлення до інших, а також загальну культуру учнів.
Work in pairs
Discuss with your partner what it means to be a teenager.
A “typical teenager”
Hard at school
Rude and tactless
Like his parents(teachers, Friends, Opinion)
Alcohol, drug –
Listen to a Hot Topic from youthprojects. org and retell briefly the event you’ve heard about.
Celebrating the Talent of Melbourne’s Homeless Community
Would you ever think about a homeless person as talented, creative or in possession of some pretty amazing skills? Probably not.
It’s time to change your perception. Youth Projects supports Where The Heart Is Community Festival. Now in its eighth year, the festival is a celebration of the lives, skills, talents, creativity and achievements of Melbourne’s homeless and marginally housed community.
The festival, put together by over 30 organisations in the he>
Aimed at offering a day of fun and performance for Melbourne’s homeless, the day was packed full of fantastic activities including
Youth Projects understands that part of being homeless is losing your connection to society and to your personal identity. Homeless and disadvantaged people struggle to feel part of a community – becoming re-connected to something is part of the process of ending homelessness.
Where The Heart Is encourages proactivity. Last year, over 1,000 homeless and disadvantaged people attended the festival in the hope of meeting people they could connect with.
Determined to help Melbourne’s homeless and disadvantaged community, Youth Projects runs a program called The Living Room. Located in the heart of the city, the initiative provides services including food and material aid, phone and internet, housing support and counseling.
Do ex. 1, p. 206.
Do ex. 2, p. 207.
Why is it important for parents / teenagers to be tolerant?
Discuss your ideas with your partner. You may use all the suitable words from ex. 2, p. 207 and from the table.
It is (not)
Ask your partner the following question about his / her best friend. Use the adjectives above for describing the qualities.
1) Is your friend usually in a good mood?
2) Is it important for your friend to be successful in whatever he/she does?
3) Does your friend notice your feelings?
4) Does your friend often give presents, or pay for lunch or a coffee?
5) Does your friend work hard?
6) Does your friend become angry or annoyed if he / she has to wait for something or someone?
7) Can you trust your friend with a secret?
8) Does your friend listen well when you are speaking?
9) Does your friend keep his / her feelings to him / herself?
10) Is your friend usually not worried by things, no matter what happens?
11) Does your friend think the future will be good?
12) Does your friend often change their opinion about things?
13) Does your friend often postpone things he / she has to do?
14) Is your friend happy one moment and then sad the next?
15) Does your friend like to be with people?
Do ex. 3, p. 207.
Do ex. 4 (b), p. 207.
Do ex. 4 (a), p. 207.