Lesson 5. У магазині іграшок
– навчальна, презентувати новий лексичний матеріал за підтемою “Покупки”, практикувати мовні засоби за підтемою “Покупки”, описувати та запитувати про повсякденні справи, формування навичок вживання нових лексичних одиниць, вдосконалювати компетенції читання та аудіювання, збільшувати обсяг знань про лінгвістичну специфіку мови країни, що вивчається, вдосконалення умінь будувати своє мовне висловлювання, мовну поведінку адекватно цій специфіці;
– розвиваюча: уважно стежити
– виховна, виховувати уміння сконцентруватися, слухати інших, формувати доброзичливу атмосферу в класі.
Обладнання: картки за темою “Покупки”.
1. Game “Disappearing cards”
Stick from five to seven flashcards “Activities” on the board. Do choral repetition of the
2. Listen and repeat (p. 79, ex. 1).
Teach and then drill the new words using the pictures.
Read out the caption for each of the pictures in turn, while pupils listen and look at the pictures. Use board flashcards.
Pupils take turns to read out the words. Help with pronunciation.
Repeat with every pupil. If you have enough time, make sentences with every word or ask questions about this food: “Do you like popcorn/cherries/ biscuits? What is sweet? Where do we buy this food?” etc.
Game “What’s missing?”
Stick a set of flashcards on the blackboard. Hold up each one and get the children to say the names as you do this. Then say ‘Close your eyes’ and demonstrate meaning. When children have their eyes closed, quickly remove one of the flashcards from the blackboard. Children open their eyes and call out the name of the missing flashcard.
3. a) Listen to the talk and name the presents (p. 79, ex. 2).
Ask pupils to listen to the dialogue.
Then ask pupils to look at the picture of the exercise and name the presents.
Answers: a mug, a teddy, a book, a bookmark.
B) Match sentences to the people.
Pupils read the speech bubbles and match them with the people who say them.
Ask pupils to make the dialogue. Write the dialogue down on the board
4. Listen again and choose the correct answer (p. 80, ex. 3).
Ask pupils to listen to the dialogue again and choose the correct answer.
Pair work: Pupils listen and choose the correct answer.
Answers: 1. £5.60; 2. 50 pence; 3. £2; 4. £2.
5. Listen and read (p. 81, ex. 4).
Pre-listening: Ask pupils to look at the picture. Ask to describe the girl. Ask: “Where is Kate? Who is she speaking to? What is she doing?”
While-listening: Read the dialogue while pupils listen and read silently.
Explain any words that pupils ask for.
Read the dialogue again. Pronounce the words clearly.
Pupils listen and repeat.
Pupils listen to the dialogue again and then read the dialogues themselves.
Post-listening: When pupils are familiar with the text, ask pairs of pupils to act out the dialogue.
Pair work: Then read the dialogues in pairs. Do choral and individual repetition of difficult words. Follow the same procedure three or four times.
6. Listen and say the rhyme (p. 81, ex. 5).
Tell pupils to look at the picture. Ask what they see. Pupils give different descriptions about the picture and about animals on it.
Tell pupils that they are going to listen to the rhyme.
Read the words of the rhyme, pausing after each line. Pupils repeat the lines chorally and individually pointing to the time and mime the actions.
Read the rhyme chorally.
Mime the actions while reading the lines of the rhyme again.
Ending the Lesson
7. Game “True or false?”
Hold a flashcard facing you and tell pupils you are going to say a true or a false sentence.
Say a true or false sentence about the card in your hand, e. g. hold a picture of a basketball and say,
“I like playing tennis”.
If pupils think you are telling the truth, they call out “True!” If they don’t, they call out “False!” >
Reveal the flashcard in your hand, and then ask a pupil to choose a flashcard without the other pupils seeing it.
Ask the pupil to say a true or false sentence about the flashcard that he/she has got.
Continue until all of the words have been practised.
Read p. 81, ex. 4, 5.
Use Workbook tasks at the lesson or at home.